Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 13 - Cult of the Dark Dungeon  (Read 8253 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 13 - Cult of the Dark Dungeon
« on: February 23, 2016, 09:28:04 PM »

Pretty appropriate for the 13th page of Issue 3, I'd say.

Up until a few days ago, the character named Frost was named Suther, and the character named Rio was named Frost. However, ever since Jessica first drew the characters for the cover, I’ve been catching myself wanting to call the goth with the sunglasses Frost (I think it’s the white hair). Jessica thought the name Suther was too much of a direct reference to one of his inspirations, so we went ahead and renamed him Frost. But then we had a hell of a time thinking up a new name for the pretty-boy goth. Finally, Jessica came up with Rio, both as a nod to a certain pretty-boy cartoon character and a famous ‘80s album.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:21:28 PM by Adam Dravian »

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 13 - Cult of the Dark Dungeon
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 10:27:06 PM »
Soooooo goth!

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 10:56:55 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, I've been away for a few days.

Love the ridiculous race/class designations these guys have. Morley looks a bit bored haha!
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 03:35:35 PM »
Soooooo goth!

We know a lot of people associate goth culture with the '90s, since the likes of Marilyn Manson and Korn brought it into the mainstream, so we really wanted to make sure to try and capture the essence of '80s goth with these characters. We took a lot of inspiration from goth musicians of the '80s, as well as a few movie characters.

Thank Gygax! Rijst has commented! We were thinking about throwing in the towel due the minimal response this page got. (I'm kidding of course, I don't think we'd throw in the towel even if everyone in the world hated this comic; we love it too much).

Morley looks a bit bored haha!

I love the juxtaposition between Morley's deadpan face and the fact that he's sitting at a table ready to adjudicate a fantasy game of the imagination.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:39:50 PM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 04:08:26 PM »

Thank Gygax! Rijst has commented! We were thinking about throwing in the towel due the minimal response this page got. (I'm kidding of course, I don't think we'd throw in the towel even if everyone in the world hated this comic; we love it too much).

The phrase "sticks and stones can break my bones" should really be finished by "but so can sarcasm".. ;)

Are you sure you're not British?

Anyway, I had something important to do involving a ring and the Glasgow necropolis.. 8)

Morley looks a bit bored haha!

I love the juxtaposition between Morley's deadpan face and the fact that he's sitting at a table ready to adjudicate a fantasy game of the imagination.

I don't know why but "deadpan face" seems to capture it exactly right and at the same time make me giggle like a happy idiot. I'll be looking for a way to use it in my daily speech now..
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:10:45 PM by Rijst »
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 11:37:02 AM »
Anyway, I had something important to do involving a ring and the Glasgow necropolis.. 8)

I saw that. Congrats, Science Dude!

I don't know why but "deadpan face" seems to capture it exactly right and at the same time make me giggle like a happy idiot. I'll be looking for a way to use it in my daily speech now..

Between that and "burble," I'm happy to add to your lexicon.