Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 19 - Warlocks, Witches, & Vampires  (Read 17867 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Trance’s jab at Corey about being a rules lawyer is a little reference to the first monthly bonus comic strip we made for Jessica’s Patreon, which gave a quick glimpse of how the C&C game went.

Here are some alternate responses I wrote for Trance, but Jessica didn’t think they’d work well without hearing the way I intended the lines to be delivered (picture Trance’s lines being said by Christ Knight from Real Genius):

COREY: I think she has the hots for me.
TRANCE: Ah, must’ve won her over with your astute observational skills.

Or

COREY: I think she has the hots for me.
TRANCE: What a fun thing to think. I’ll try it too.

Also, if you look closely, you might notice that Trance is gazing upon the Stagbunny issue he referenced earlier, featuring a girl with a familiar surname.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:11:02 PM by Adam Dravian »

Mumm-Rad

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 19 - Warlocks, Witches, & Vampires
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 07:30:04 PM »
Also, if you look closely, you can see that Trance is gazing upon the Stagbunny issue he referenced earlier, featuring a girl with a familiar surname.

My first guess was Christian Slater, however that seems like too easy. Then I realized she has the same last name as Dean, so I guess my first guess was correct.

Corey will never get the hot chicks wearing mom jeans and a purse  :)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 07:44:22 PM »
Also, if you look closely, you can see that Trance is gazing upon the Stagbunny issue he referenced earlier, featuring a girl with a familiar surname.

My first guess was Christian Slater, however that seems like too easy. Then I realized she has the same last name as Dean, so I guess my first guess was correct.

Dean's last name was a homage to Christian Slater, so I suppose that means Debby's last name is as well, by extension.

Don't you think his rad mullet offsets the rest? Besides, that's a C&C materials carry-bag, not a purse. Surely the ladies would appreciate the difference.

Mumm-Rad

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:08:52 PM »

Don't you think his rad mullet offsets the rest? Besides, that's a C&C materials carry-bag, not a purse. Surely the ladies would appreciate the difference.

Hmmm, a mullet does help, but not if you look like a lady  :)

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 09:32:22 PM »
Love how it's just anti-climactic. And yes I noticed him reading that issue mentioned earlier. The orgy bit made me laugh as well. So does this mean that Psycho Sam's vision  was totally real?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 03:46:21 AM by Matty2310 »
I listen to 80's music for a living, how about you?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 01:14:24 AM »
So does this mean that Psycho Sam's vision was totally real?

Sam has been haunted by the skull-masked killer (who he refers to as Mr. Skull) for a long time due to an event from Sam's past. He's also prone to having psychotic episodes, which makes him a very unreliable narrator. But that's not to say everything crazy Sam experiences is all in his head.

How was that for a non-answer?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 03:55:09 AM by Adam Dravian »

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 03:51:54 AM »
Damn, just noticed my spelling error in your quote of me, and now it's there forever. Looking forward to Mr. Skull potentially coming up again.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:04:00 AM by Matty2310 »

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 03:57:15 AM »
Damn, just noticed my spelling error in your quote of me, and now it's there forever.

And now anyone reading this in the future will have no idea what you're talking about.

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 05:07:36 AM »
You edited your comment to save me face in the future, you're too kind.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 01:13:14 PM »
Damn, just noticed my spelling error in your quote of me, and now it's there forever.

And now anyone reading this in the future will have no idea what you're talking about.

It is enigmatic even now!

You mentioned this was a story arc that's besides the main story line before, I guess the whole Mr. Skull drilling that chick's head (hehe) is part of that as well?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 05:52:38 PM »
You mentioned this was a story arc that's besides the main story line before, I guess the whole Mr. Skull drilling that chick's head (hehe) is part of that as well?

All these various plot threads are intertwined, so you'll see them intersect eventually. Kind of like how Issue 1 largely served to set up the events of Issue 2, Issue 3 is setting up a lot of stuff that'll happen in Issue 4. Not to say that nothing substantial is gonna happen in Issue 3. In fact, the latter half of it contains some of my favorite scenes.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 02:35:21 AM »

All these various plot threads are intertwined, so you'll see them intersect eventually. Kind of like how Issue 1 largely served to set up the events of Issue 2, Issue 3 is setting up a lot of stuff that'll happen in Issue 4. Not to say that nothing substantial is gonna happen in Issue 3. In fact, the latter half of it contains some of my favorite scenes.

Adam Dravian, master of suspense..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 02:49:16 AM »

Hmm, I'm tempted to say thanks, but that ellipsis (er, partial ellipsis ... ellip?) seems to be radiating sarcasm.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 03:21:44 AM »

Hmm, I'm tempted to say thanks, but that ellipsis (er, partial ellipsis ... ellip?) seems to be radiating sarcasm.

I'm not sure what it means actually, I tend to use it a lot. Comparing it to how I speak I'd say it finishes a sentence that sort of trails off rather than ends in a full stop. Like there's a carefully placed pause there for whatever effect. Could be sarcasm in one instance, an exaggeration in another or it could be to emphasise that a pun was intended. Sometimes it's just an invitation for people to reply. Three dots just seems so excessive on such an occasion..

In this case I'm pointing out the string of replies in this thread that fall just short of revealing enough of the story to answer the questions, leaving the reader longing for more. Kind of like when a season finale ends in a cliffhanger. It's interesting to note how people read into such a small detail here..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 05:37:09 AM »

I'm not sure what it means actually, I tend to use it a lot. Comparing it to how I speak I'd say it finishes a sentence that sort of trails off rather than ends in a full stop. Like there's a carefully placed pause there for whatever effect. Could be sarcasm in one instance, an exaggeration in another or it could be to emphasise that a pun was intended. Sometimes it's just an invitation for people to reply. Three dots just seems so excessive on such an occasion..

In this case I'm pointing out the string of replies in this thread that fall just short of revealing enough of the story to answer the questions, leaving the reader longing for more. Kind of like when a season finale ends in a cliffhanger. It's interesting to note how people read into such a small detail here..

Well in that case: Thanks!

I think back in my more hirsute days as an AOL addicted teenager chatting up cyber babes, I used to overuse ellipses, probably in an attempt to seem mysterious or something..