Author Topic: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 3 - River City High School  (Read 7329 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 3 - River City High School
« on: October 27, 2017, 07:39:48 PM »

Even as a kid in the ‘80s, I thought those damn knee socks with the stripes at the top looked dumb as hell. On the other hand, once I hit high school and girls started to babe out and wear the black knee socks and skirt combo … oh man, that ruled.

Wow, four issues in and we finally get an exterior shot of River City High School. The Red Cocks is the name of the school’s sports teams, and of course the school has a red rooster mascot that  I’m sure we’ll be seeing at some point. The school’s colors are red and white, as you could probably guess from Veronica’s cheerleader outfit.

Even though almost all the comic’s teen characters have driver's licenses, very few of them have their own cars. Eddie and Alex live within walking distance, so they don’t bother taking the bus. And since they’re neighbors, they walk to and from school together every day, which is how they slowly forged a friendship (until the past year or so, it didn’t extend much beyond those walks). Heather doesn’t walk with them because she gets picked up by her boyfriend Ryan.

Oh man … I’m so pumped for the next page ...

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 3 - River City High School
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »
Eddie's expression in panel 3 is brilliant. What is he thinking there? Is he listening to their conversation (likely with his enhanced ninja hearing), is he struggling under the heat of all those clothes (are Satan ninjas heat-proof?), did he suddenly realise Veronica is going to laugh at him even more now (assuming she even notices him)? So many questions..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 02:16:52 PM »
Pray he makes it through the rest of the school day without incident.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 11:58:34 AM »

Wouldn't that be boring..?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 01:35:08 AM »

Wouldn't that be boring..?

Hahah, well, I'll just say that this is going to be far from a boring day at school...

Though that would be quite the Andy Kaufman-esque joke if the rest of the issue was just Eddie going from class to class, doing schoolwork completely without incident.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 06:57:28 AM »
Though that would be quite the Andy Kaufman-esque joke if the rest of the issue was just Eddie going from class to class, doing schoolwork completely without incident.

I would love that..