Author Topic: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 12 - Mobile-Rexus  (Read 6940 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 12 - Mobile-Rexus
« on: August 26, 2018, 12:21:33 AM »

We decided to give Roborexus an updated design since his first appearance back in issue 1. He was originally a throwaway reference/homage to the transformer Grimlock, but since we’ve decided to feature the little robo-dino a bit more prominently, we simplified his design to make him easier to draw and not such an obvious riff off of Grimlock.

But we don’t plan to go back and alter the design in his original appearance. We’ll just say that was a prototype build.

There won't be a page posted next weekend (Labor Day weekend here in the US), but the comic will return with a new page on Saturday, September 8th. And it'll be one of my favorite pages of this issue so far.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 12 - Mobile-Rexus
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 02:41:14 AM »
"psycho Sam was right all along", that conclusion is quite a jump haha!

In the Netherlands, we celebrate Labour Day by labouring. Enjoy the holiday!  8)
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 06:54:24 AM »
Does Trance have the makings to be this comic's version of Tony Stark!?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 12:52:24 AM »
Whoa! Jessica just pointed out to me that she forgot to add the pattern to Corey's shirt. She'll have to fix that once I can tear her away from working on a newer page.

In the Netherlands, we celebrate Labour Day by labouring. Enjoy the holiday!  8)

Oh, I'll probably be laboring too. But Jessica will be going camping with a lady friend of hers, which is a totally great setup for a horror film.

Does Trance have the makings to be this comic's version of Tony Stark!?

Yeah, if anyone is the SN8X Tony Stark, I'd have to say it's Trance.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 04:15:22 PM »
I hope Trance just keeps calling it Roborexus.  It has a much nicer ring to it than Mobile-Rexus.  Also, if Trance is like Tony Stark, does that mean he's going to build a high-powered suit at some point?  Furthermore, I'm pretty interested to see where Heather's fascination with Satan Ninjas leads to.
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 09:20:29 PM »
I hope Trance just keeps calling it Roborexus.  It has a much nicer ring to it than Mobile-Rexus.

Oh, no worries. He was only joking about calling it Mobile-Rexus.

Also, if Trance is like Tony Stark, does that mean he's going to build a high-powered suit at some point?

I won't say it's not possible. However, I'll just clarify that we didn't base Trance on Tony Stark at all. He's more based on the character Data from The Goonies, with a bit of Chris Knight from Real Genius, among others.

Furthermore, I'm pretty interested to see where Heather's fascination with Satan Ninjas leads to.

There's a lot more to Heather than most would guess. There's definitely some stuff we're excited to eventually reveal.