Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 8 - Ice Cream Man  (Read 17575 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 8 - Ice Cream Man
« on: August 02, 2014, 09:37:15 PM »

When I was maybe thirteen or so, I saw a couple girls that lived on my street get free ice cream by flirting with the ice cream man. The world felt very unfair at that moment.

So, yeah. This is comic is basically a true story. All of it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:43:45 PM by Adam Dravian »

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 8 - Ice Cream Man
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 11:08:22 PM »
Oh yeah, I was definitely right about the discount (well, free) ice cream. :)

Good on Eddie for actually going over to talk to her.

This edition of Babe Alert: definitely a babealicious page. The ladies have fantastic bodies but wear too much makeup for my taste. Not that I would ever tell a woman that she's wearing too much makeup. (Or too little. Or anything of the sort, because I've learned many lessons as a married man.) Looks like Veronica has to get her shirts custom-made for her chest and waist. (Nice.)

Speaking of chests, seeing Alex from the side and how her vest and tie are lifted up suggests that she'd look a lot like her sister if she wore revealing clothes. There's definitely going to be a "hair down, glasses off" moment with her eventually, I just know it. And I'm looking forward to it.

Special Dude Alert: that short t-shirt that Dean is wearing reminded me of one of my all-time parody moments of late-80s, early-90's from an episode of Gravity Falls. ("And why was I dreaming of two brightly colored and radical young men?")

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 12:33:18 AM »
Oh yeah, I was definitely right about the discount (well, free) ice cream. :)

1 for 1 on your predictions so far...

Good on Eddie for actually going over to talk to her.

Except he suffers from the same flaw that I suffered from as an awkward teen who was clueless with women. Instead of simply trying to talk to her casually and naturally so he could eventually build up to asking her out, he's going right for the "prize." But then again, he does feel pressed for time and like he's got destiny on his side, so I can't fault the dude too much (also, I'm his god and he does whatever I make him do, so I really can't fault his actions at all).

This edition of Babe Alert: definitely a babealicious page. The ladies have fantastic bodies but wear too much makeup for my taste. Not that I would ever tell a woman that she's wearing too much makeup. (Or too little. Or anything of the sort, because I've learned many lessons as a married man.)

I was about to say that I'm not a fan of the caked on makeup look, but it actually depends on how it's done. I know I've seen some goth girls that I've thought were hot that were wearing a shitload of makeup. But usually, I'm not a fan. I don't think Veronica or Heather are quite into that territory, though. I'm guessing it's the eye shadow that's putting you off?

Looks like Veronica has to get her shirts custom-made for her chest and waist. (Nice.)

Heh. Yeah, I'm definitely a breast dude (to the surprise of no one who reads, well, anything I write). A nice rack is secondary only to a pretty face when it comes to what I look for, psychically, in a girl. I can't count the number of times I've reviewed one of Jessica's babe drawings and said something like, "Eh, maybe make her tits just a little bit bigger." Of course, we can't have every girl in the comic be as busty as, say, Veronica, or else she'd look run-of-the-mill as opposed to exceptional.

Speaking of chests, seeing Alex from the side and how her vest and tie are lifted up suggests that she'd look a lot like her sister if she wore revealing clothes. There's definitely going to be a "hair down, glasses off" moment with her eventually, I just know it. And I'm looking forward to it.

No comment. ;)

Special Dude Alert: that short t-shirt that Dean is wearing reminded me of one of my all-time parody moments of late-80s, early-90's from an episode of Gravity Falls. ("And why was I dreaming of two brightly colored and radical young men?")

I've never seen, or even heard of that show. It's been a long time since I've been much of a TV watcher. We watched the first few seasons of Adventure Time and enjoyed that. Is it comparable at all?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:50:27 PM by Adam Dravian »

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 12:50:54 AM »
Except he suffers from the same flaw that I suffered from as an awkward teen who was clueless with women. Instead of simply trying to talk to her casually and naturally so he could eventually build up to asking her out, he's going right for the "prize." But then again, he does feel pressed for time and like he's got destiny on his side, so I can't fault the dude too much (also, I'm his god and he does whatever I make him do, so I really can't fault his actions).

I see what you mean. I kind of had the opposite problem: it was easy enough for me to start talking to girls I liked and getting to know them and so on, but could never get anything to progress past that. (Although there were a couple of exceptions: one of those girls admitted that she liked me shortly after I got a girlfriend, and another one made it clear after I had moved away.)

I was about to say that I'm not a fan of the caked on makeup look, but it actually depends on how it's done. I know I've seen some goth girls that I've thought we hot that were wearing a shitload of makeup. But usualy, I'm not a fan. I don't think Veronica or Heather are quite into that territory. I'm guessing it's the eye shadow that's putting you off?

I guess it is the eye shadow, which is odd, because I normally like that a lot. I think it's because of the art style and the medium in general: typically stuff like eye shadow isn't illustrated at all in this type of art, so when I actually see it, it feels extra emphasized. Does that make sense? Kind of like how in anime, the women aren't usually animated with lips unless they're deliberately meant to be wearing makeup. But yeah, in reality, she's definitely not super caked-on.

Heh. Yeah, I'm definitely a breast dude (to the surprise of no one who reads, well, anything I write). A nice rack is secondary only to a pretty face when it comes to what I look for, psychically, in a girl. I can't count the number of times I've reviewed one of Jessica's babe drawings and said something like, "Eh, maybe make her tits just a tiny bit bigger." Of course, we can't have every girl in the comic be as busty as, say, Veronica, or else she'd look run-of-the-mill as opposed to exceptional.

Haha, I get what you're saying. I take it that Veronica is at the upper end of the spectrum to illustrate her "unobtainable" status?

No comment. ;)

Boo. Yah.

I've never seen, or even heard of that show. It's been a long time since I've been much of a TV watcher. We watched the few few seasons of Adventure Time and enjoyed that. Is it comparable at all?

I've only seen about one episode of Adventure Time, so I can't really say, but Gravity Falls quickly became one of my all-time favorite shows. If you're a fan of the classic Simpsons (seasons 2-8), you'll like GF. It's obvious that the people writing the show grew up memorizing Simpsons episodes. Also, the show has a bit of a Twin-Peaks-For-Kids vibe with an ongoing mystery and a bizarre northwestern town.

Season 2 just premiered yesterday, actually. There are a lot of websites where you can watch the episodes, but if you actually have cable, you can sign in to your provider's website and watch all the episodes on Disney XD's site.

I'd recommend starting at the beginning, but if you only watch ONE, make it "Fight Fighters". It's got a TON of hilarious jokes about early '90s video games. Here's a clip!

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 01:49:19 AM »
I see what you mean. I kind of had the opposite problem: it was easy enough for me to start talking to girls I liked and getting to know them and so on, but could never get anything to progress past that. (Although there were a couple of exceptions: one of those girls admitted that she liked me shortly after I got a girlfriend, and another one made it clear after I had moved away.)

Ah, yeah. I definitely know what it's like to find out only after it's too late how things could have worked out if only you had taken the right actions. One of my favorite things to daydream about is how mega-awesome my life could be if I were to somehow send my current brain into my past body.

I guess it is the eye shadow, which is odd, because I normally like that a lot. I think it's because of the art style and the medium in general: typically stuff like eye shadow isn't illustrated at all in this type of art, so when I actually see it, it feels extra emphasized. Does that make sense? Kind of like how in anime, the women aren't usually animated with lips unless they're deliberately meant to be wearing makeup. But yeah, in reality, she's definitely not super caked-on.

It totally makes sense and, in fact, it's something I've discussed with Jessica. She was originally going to give Alex a sprinkling of freckles across the nose, but I told her that with her cartoony style, a sprinkling of freckles is going to give people the impression that Alex is supposed to be a full-blown freckle-faced girl, which wasn't the intention.

Also, Jessica got heavily into anime when she was a tween, so she drew in an anime style for a few years. Because of that, I think she still feels a little strange drawing lips on a girl.

Haha, I get what you're saying. I take it that Veronica is at the upper end of the spectrum to illustrate her "unobtainable" status?

She's near the upper end, but no, she's not at the top.

I've only seen about one episode of Adventure Time, so I can't really say, but Gravity Falls quickly became one of my all-time favorite shows. If you're a fan of the classic Simpsons (seasons 2-8), you'll like GF. It's obvious that the people writing the show grew up memorizing Simpsons episodes. Also, the show has a bit of a Twin-Peaks-For-Kids vibe with an ongoing mystery and a bizarre northwestern town.

Season 2 just premiered yesterday, actually. There are a lot of websites where you can watch the episodes, but if you actually have cable, you can sign in to your provider's website and watch all the episodes on Disney XD's site.

I'd recommend starting at the beginning, but if you only watch ONE, make it "Fight Fighters". It's got a TON of hilarious jokes about early '90s video games. Here's a clip!

I watched the clip and I'm definitely intrigued. Loved the Street Fighter II parody. We've got a positively massive backlog of things to watch, and we're trying to focus our limited media-consuming time to '80s things (for obvious reasons), so it'll probably be awhile before we get around to it, but I'll add it to the heap. Thanks.

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 02:13:49 AM »
It totally makes sense and, in fact, it's something I've discussed with Jessica. She was originally going to give Alex a sprinkling of freckles across the nose, but I told her that with her cartoony style, a sprinkling of freckles is going to give people the impression that Alex is supposed to be a full-blown freckle-faced girl, which wasn't the intention.

Also, Jessica got heavily into anime when she was a tween, so she drew in an anime style for a few years. Because of that, I think she still feels a little strange drawing lips on a girl.

Okay, cool. In any case, the makeup gets the point across - it definitely shows us what kind of girls these are. :) And Jessica, for what it's worth, you do a great job with the lips.

She's near the upper end, but no, she's not at the top.

Yay!

I watched the clip and I'm definitely intrigued. Loved the Street Fighter II parody. We've got a positively massive backlog of things to watch, and we're trying to focus our limited media-consuming time to '80s things (for obvious reasons), so it'll probably be awhile before we get around to it, but I'll add it to the heap. Thanks.

By the time you get around to it, perhaps the whole will be finished and you can just binge it. (They've said that they're only aiming for two seasons to keep things nice and tight.)

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 05:09:29 AM »
Except he suffers from the same flaw that I suffered from as an awkward teen who was clueless with women. Instead of simply trying to talk to her casually and naturally so he could eventually build up to asking her out, he's going right for the "prize." But then again, he does feel pressed for time and like he's got destiny on his side, so I can't fault the dude too much (also, I'm his god and he does whatever I make him do, so I really can't fault his actions).

Yup, same here.

When I was maybe thirteen or so, I saw a couple girls that lived on my street get free ice cream by flirting with the ice cream man. The world felt very unfair at that moment.

So, yeah. This is comic is basically a true story. All of it.

The world is unfair unfortunately. Hey, great page! It's such a classic scene with Dean showing up and being rude I'm surprised I didn't see it coming.
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 04:03:26 PM »
Great page. 

I really enjoy Alex's protest to Eddie's delusions, I feel an after school special type moment coming in the future between them. 

As for the babe talk, totally digging Heather in this page. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 03:43:30 AM »

Have you ever asked a girl if she can touch elbows behind her back? Works best on a large chested lass and if you wrap it up a bit, like Ooh my shoulder is a bit stiff, my elbows can't even touch like this anymore.

That's what Heather looks like she's doing in the first frame..  8)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 06:07:38 AM »

I think the most attractive rendition of Heather that Jessica's done is still her first appearance on page 2 of issue 2.

Have you ever asked a girl if she can touch elbows behind her back? Works best on a large chested lass and if you wrap it up a bit, like Ooh my shoulder is a bit stiff, my elbows can't even touch like this anymore.

That's what Heather looks like she's doing in the first frame..  8)

Right, but I think what Heather's doing is a bit more subtle than Veronica, who's pushing her tits together with her arms.

As for asking girls to try and touch their elbows behind their back, I can't picture that ever working. Maybe if the girl were still in middle school or something, because any busty girl who's older than that has probably had guys try to pull the elbow thing on them before.

[Edit: Oh, man. I'm happy to see Ghoul was able to change the quote boxes, which used to stand out like crazy.]

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 03:42:36 AM »
It worked last time, but you're right it can't be obvious in any way (booze helps) and one encounter immunises people. I've never tried it on a stranger though, and maybe it only worked because I don't make jokes like that very often.

I'm struggling to remember what the quote boxes used to look like now, they probably didn't bother me enough then..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 02:45:57 PM »
I'm struggling to remember what the quote boxes used to look like now, they probably didn't bother me enough then..

The backgrounds of the quote boxes were the default really light powder blue. Since the rest of the forum's colors have been modified to fit our radical color scheme, they stood out really bad to me.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 06:22:20 AM »
The backgrounds of the quote boxes were the default really light powder blue. Since the rest of the forum's colors have been modified to fit our radical color scheme, they stood out really bad to me.

It's a thin line between rad and bad..  8)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 03:35:49 AM »
It's a thin line between rad and bad..  8)

And I toe that line every moment of my life.