Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 19 - Connor's Pool Party  (Read 10538 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 19 - Connor's Pool Party
« on: October 19, 2014, 02:32:21 PM »

Jessica got sick this week, which is why this page went up late.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:45:32 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 19 - Connor's Pool Party
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 03:39:45 AM »
I hope you're ok now Jessica!

Argh we never had pool parties, I guess because nobody I knew had a pool.

The pool is very well drawn by the way, none of this lazy "the water is a solid blue and you can't see through it". This party is going to be wild, "taps aff tits oot" in the background of panel 4. Dean is being the usual prick and Joe's face in the last frame is priceless..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 04:25:57 AM »
Oh man, no pool parties?! That's a mega-bummer. I was fortunate enough to have a well-to-do gramps with a nice big underground heated pool, so that was the summer party-zone for my friends and I. Back in ancient times when this comic was a movie script I planned to make, the pool party scene would have been filmed there.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 04:56:52 PM »
This page is great, every 80's story has a nerd at the cool kids party. The whole Carmen can speak English and snuck out to this party totally makes sense.  Joe also fits in rather well though he doesn't feel comfortable. 

Great eye Rijst I didn't spot the topless babel 1st read through.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 05:05:46 PM »
Great eye Rijst I didn't spot the topless babel 1st read through.

They call me "hawk eye" Rijst for a reason, I can spot a topless babe from a mile away. Whenever I get round to visiting a country with a suitable climate that is..

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »
I've been summoned by babes! Well, one babe made a request of sorts, anyway. Things have been very crazy lately.

Lots of great poses and expressions this week, from Joe's tipsy look and his wonderful moment in the last panel to Tina's startled and disappointed expression in panel seven. There's a whole lot going on in this page without it coming off as overpacked.

Great job with setting up Carmen's secret a while back, with her waving at her real friends in the cafeteria.

Babe alert: Awesome variety in swimsuits on this bevy of babes. Hoping the party continues a little while longer!

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 02:16:23 AM »
Lots of great poses and expressions this week, from Joe's tipsy look and his wonderful moment in the last panel to Tina's startled and disappointed expression in panel seven.

I like how in panel 1 it looks like Tina is just sitting at the side of the pool, apparently just waiting for Joe to turn around and notice her.

Here's a random bit of trivia: The black-haired girl that's "chicken fighting" (I never understood why it's called that) is Veronica's best friend, Heather. She's on the shoulder's of her boyfriend, Ryan, which is a character that hasn't been properly introduced yet.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 08:36:00 AM »
Hoping the party continues a little while longer!

Of course it will! After all, Eddie hasn't shown up yet in the costume Sam was talking of. Judging by the issue's cover it's going to be interesting..