Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 20 - Vektoria  (Read 14561 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 20 - Vektoria
« on: October 26, 2014, 01:00:16 AM »

Ended up posting this way later than we anticipated. I've posted a mini-news update along with the page, which you can read here.

In my script, I had the bounty hunters carting out the rotting-faced dude on some kind of sci-fi hover dolly. Jessica decided it'd be funnier if they instead had him strapped onto their motorcycle. It's not too obvious in the image, but they have him bound to it with some glowing sci-fi rope-things.

Also, this was Jessica's first time ever designing a whole spaceship.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:21:14 AM by Adam Dravian »

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 20 - Vektoria
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:45:45 PM »
Wow didn't expect to be back with the bounty hunter this week.  Some great development there. I like that he is somewhat compassionate to the slaves and not as cold hearted as he's trying to project himself as.

Thanks for the update, it sounds like a good plan.   It's not a bad idea to plan in some off weeks to allow for unplanned events.  It be nice if Jess could get a page or a few ahead too maybe between issues to take a bit of the stress off on a busy week.

Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »
It's good if you guys got to live your lives in between working, recording ancient rock albums and drawing awesome web comics. I also think burble..

Vektoria looks like Storm from the X-men, am I right?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »
It be nice if Jess could get a page or a few ahead too maybe between issues to take a bit of the stress off on a busy week.

We currently plan to go on hiatus for a bit after we wrap issue 2. It'll give Jessica time to make a badass cover for issue 3 and to get a head start on the pages.

It's good if you guys got to live your lives in between working, recording ancient rock albums and drawing awesome web comics. I also think burble..

But that is our lives. Burble!

You are right, but that's actually not intentional. Her two main inspirations are both more ... digital.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:54:34 PM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:06:58 PM »

You are right, but that's actually not intentional. Her two main inspirations are both more ... digital.

Aw, I finally get a reference right, only to hear it was unintentional. I can't actually spot where she is from right now, anyone else?

Wow didn't expect to be back with the bounty hunter this week. 

I guess, like me, you expected some more pool party action. I'll have to try using "burble" in a sentence now, which is kinda hard because I'll be spending most of my time with my girlfriend this week..

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 10:31:22 PM »
I'll have to try using "burble" in a sentence now, which is kinda hard because I'll be spending most of my time with my girlfriend this week..

I can come up with a few instances that burble may work.  You're girlfriend might think you've lost it though.

[Edit: Fixed the quote for you. -A.D.]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:43:08 AM by Adam Dravian »
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 04:52:04 AM »
You're girlfriend might think you've lost it though.

Yes, yes she will. Although we do have a habit of inventing odd words every now and then. I could also try it when I start my new job next week..

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 02:36:12 PM »
Thanks, trying to do the quote on my phone took forever. 

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »
I managed to use burble in a sentence but I used it to describe a funny sound our new fridge makes every now and then so I cheated a bit. I was close to convincing my girlfriend to naming the fridge Burble though..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 08:57:52 PM »
I managed to use burble in a sentence but I used it to describe a funny sound our new fridge makes every now and then so I cheated a bit. I was close to convincing my girlfriend to naming the fridge Burble though..

Now I'm just going to assume it's customary for Europeans to name their house-hold appliances.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 06:22:41 AM »

Now I'm just going to assume it's customary for Europeans to name their house-hold appliances.

Haha it would be funny to start this rumour. We don't really name everything, although her mother had a dishwasher they called Marie (not sure why). Come to think of it, we (as in, us two) do tend to give names to things that show characteristics similar objects don't show. That and cars, my girlfriend names cars but we don't have one at the moment.

We ended up naming the fridge Justus after a pet rat we used to have that made similar noises.

Perhaps we are a bit weird. Hopefully I'll be rich soon though in which case I'm upgraded to eccentric..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 03:55:54 AM »
Perhaps we are a bit weird. Hopefully I'll be rich soon though in which case I'm upgraded to eccentric..

Ha, so true.