Author Topic: Music Video - "The Family Ghost" by King Diamond [1987]  (Read 19487 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Music Video - "The Family Ghost" by King Diamond [1987]
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 01:18:17 PM »
Wow. So I've never heard of this guy, not sure if I'm surprised by this or not.  I'm familiar with a lot of 80's metal, but this guy sucks.  I typically did the high pitched singing of other bands but not really this guy.  His band is pretty good though. 

Now for my review of Jess's costume. Wow.  I guess it looks great, as the concept goes you nailed it.  I'll admit neck up you look a lil' on the freaky side, never expected you to dress as a dude.  Next year may I recommend 80's rocker Lita Ford as that would probably suit your body style more haha.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:17:41 PM »
And here I was thinking the '90s was the age of clowns and weirdos). I agree with Mich he's pretty bad but I guess there's a place for everyone in this world.

Nice costume, I guess the stuff in the background is how you guys decorate your house? The hair-moustache is a nice detail, you should keep it for Movember..  8)
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 10:56:59 PM »
"You can click the image to see a larger version if, uh, you're into that sort of thing."

If by that sort of thing, you mean Jessica's amazing Halloween boobs at a higher res... pff, who's NOT into that sort of thing? ;P
... the blue mustache is awesome too. :)

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 01:14:17 AM »
Haha that Vid is crazy Rijst, makes me want to drop some E, but not really.

Rae I'm with you about Jess's Halloween Boobs but I wasn't going to say it lol. But there  you go Jess looking good like usual.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 04:07:30 AM »
I'm familiar with a lot of 80's metal, but this guy sucks.

You're gonna make Jessica cry.

And here I was thinking the '90s was the age of clowns and weirdos).

Shit. I couldn't make it too far into that video. So painful.

Nice costume, I guess the stuff in the background is how you guys decorate your house?

Sort of, although the rest of our living space isn't quite as gothed up as that mantle above the fire place.

The hair-moustache is a nice detail, you should keep it for Movember..  8)

Fuck! Don't encourage her!

"You can click the image to see a larger version if, uh, you're into that sort of thing."

If by that sort of thing, you mean Jessica's amazing Halloween boobs at a higher res... pff, who's NOT into that sort of thing? ;P

Sadly, even Jessica's awesome tits are totally negated by the King Diamond face-paint and blue mustache. Thus, Halloween was a total bummer for me.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 11:46:10 AM »

Shit. I couldn't make it too far into that video. So painful.

I know, I picked the worst video I could think of.

Nice costume, I guess the stuff in the background is how you guys decorate your house?

Sort of, although the rest of our living space isn't quite as gothed up as that mantle above the fire place.

The hair-moustache is a nice detail, you should keep it for Movember..  8)

Fuck! Don't encourage her!

Sadly, even Jessica's awesome tits are totally negated by the King Diamond face-paint and blue mustache. Thus, Halloween was a total bummer for me.

I can see how a blue moustache and the face paint are a turn off, hope you didn't resort to drinking yourself silly there..

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 12:04:33 PM »

My favorite part was the YouTube ad that played before it started, which was for Woolite Dark laundry detergent. Seemed oddly fitting considering how many black screen print tee shirts were in that... weirdass video. Woolite Dark: Wash after wash,  rave after rave, your Marvin the Martian tee's still like new!

Haha, awww, I don't think they're negated. The creepy face-paint and stash are such contrast, it adds something... a few sprinkles on the vanilla. ;)

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 01:55:50 AM »

My favorite part was the YouTube ad that played before it started, which was for Woolite Dark laundry detergent. Seemed oddly fitting considering how many black screen print tee shirts were in that... weirdass video. Woolite Dark: Wash after wash,  rave after rave, your Marvin the Martian tee's still like new!

I think I picked the right video for making my point when people prefer the ads to the footage itself..  8)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 03:02:20 AM »
The creepy face-paint and stash are such contrast, it adds something... a few sprinkles on the vanilla. ;)

Blue mustache sprinkles are the worst kind of sprinkles.

I think I picked the right video for making my point when people prefer the ads to the footage itself..  8)

I don't think I've ever seen an add on YouTube. I'm one of those assholes that use an ad-blocker browser plug-in. But hey, we don't have any adds on our site, so no one can say I'm a hypocrite.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:04:23 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 05:14:40 PM »
The creepy face-paint and stash are such contrast, it adds something... a few sprinkles on the vanilla. ;)

Blue mustache sprinkles are the worst kind of sprinkles.

If I could get blue moustache sprinkles, for example on my ice cream, I would. Hell, I hardly ever eat ice cream but I'd reconsider that if I could get blue moustache sprinkles..

I don't think I've ever seen an add on YouTube. I'm one of those assholes that use an ad-blocker browser plug-in. But hey, we don't have any adds on our site, so no one can say I'm a hypocrite.

I never got round to installing one. Every time I think about doing so I get distracted by amazing videos, such as this one..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 08:37:08 AM »
I never got round to installing one. Every time I think about doing so I get distracted by amazing videos, such as this one..

Ended up watching quite a few of his videos. Impressive stuff. Reminds me of Vomitron, who did a super rad album of NES game themes covered as metal songs. Here's his take on the Double Dragon theme, which I used a bunch when I was editing the first short movie I ever made, Mega City Dragons.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »

Ended up watching quite a few of his videos. Impressive stuff. Reminds me of Vomitron, who did a super rad album of NES game themes covered as metal songs. Here's his take on the Double Dragon theme, which I used a bunch when I was editing the first short movie I ever made, Mega City Dragons.

Love it, including the "No NES for the wicked" slogan. I used to play DD (II) mostly on my game boy because I didn't have a NES, I must've finished that game about a dozen times, great fun!

I'll have a look at the Mega City Dragons when I get home from work. There's a good chance my boss will love it as well but I don't want to risk it on my second week..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 09:23:45 PM »
Love it, including the "No NES for the wicked" slogan. I used to play DD (II) mostly on my game boy because I didn't have a NES, I must've finished that game about a dozen times, great fun!

The Double Dragon is franchise is dear to my heart, as the original game is the first game I recall beating (I beat the arcade version after my grandpa gave me five bucks worth of quarters to blow at a bowling alley). I loved the NES version of Double Dragon II, but I never played the Game Boy version so I just looked it up to see how different it was.

Interestingly, the Game Boy version is actually a completely different game. It was originally a game in the Kunio-kun franchise (best known in the US for the game River City Ransom--another of my favorite games), but the game was re-tooled for the US and European release to turn it into a Double Dragon game. Weird.

It reminds me how some of the early Final Fantasy Game Boy games weren't really related to the Final Fantasy series at all, but were actually totally different RPGs that were re-branded as Final Fantasy games outside of Japan due to the Final Fantasy brand recognition.

But don't feel too bad about playing a fake Double Dragon. I bet it was a million times better than this one Tiger Electronics Double Dragon game I used to play. Fucking Tiger Electronics handhelds were the bane of my childhood Christmases.

I'll have a look at the Mega City Dragons when I get home from work. There's a good chance my boss will love it as well but I don't want to risk it on my second week..

Haha, you're right. Best to ease your boss into such things. Also, if you actually watched Mega City Dragons ... I'm sorry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 11:40:38 AM »
Hey have you seen Marian? I mean Trisha?

No budget for retakes I guess? Snuck in a few minutes of this during work, I'm definitely watching the whole thing tonight. It's got me hooked..