Author Topic: Movie Review - Deadly Friend [1986]  (Read 12069 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Movie Review - Deadly Friend [1986]
« on: November 13, 2014, 05:50:48 AM »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Review - Deadly Friend [1986]
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 11:37:19 AM »
I lasted about 7 seconds with those credit.

Man, where do you find al these hilarious movies. This is definitely another one of those "get a few pals over and get refreshed while watching a shitty movie". I would definitely enjoy watching this pish, but only after a few pints..

Was there ever any explanation for that robot? Does it help do the dishes or something?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »
Well not rushing out to find a copy today.  This does sound like a movie I'd watch if I found it channel surfing.  Too bad it was wrecked by the studio, it pretty much seems it would have been better as its original story. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 04:09:08 AM »
Man, where do you find al these hilarious movies.

Easy. Just pick any b-grade fantasy, horror, sci-fi, or action film from the '80s and there's a pretty good chance it'll be a stupid good time.

Was there ever any explanation for that robot? Does it help do the dishes or something?

Teen Genius was going to college for robotics, and BB was basically his life's work. I think at one point they show BB mowing the lawn, but he was more of a companion/pet robot than a maid.

Well not rushing out to find a copy today.  This does sound like a movie I'd watch if I found it channel surfing.  Too bad it was wrecked by the studio, it pretty much seems it would have been better as its original story.

There have been a few attempts by fans to get the studio to release Wes Craven's original cut of the movie, but I doubt the studio will ever bother, since the sales it would get probably wouldn't make it worth the hassle.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:10:48 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »

Teen Genius was going to college for robotics, and BB was basically his life's work. I think at one point they show BB mowing the lawn, but he was more of a companion/pet robot than a maid.

Well, they clearly didn't teach him how to fill out a proper risk assessment. Anyone knows that if you combine humans and machines into one you get murderous machines. I mean, one look at this clip tells you enough, although I guess Teen Genius didn't have youtube to help him..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 08:19:00 AM »
Well, they clearly didn't teach him how to fill out a proper risk assessment. Anyone knows that if you combine humans and machines into one you get murderous machines. I mean, one look at this clip tells you enough, although I guess Teen Genius didn't have youtube to help him..

Haha! Superman III is actually the only Christopher Reeve Superman movie I haven't seen. But now I just might have to.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »

Haha! Superman III is actually the only Christopher Reeve Superman movie I haven't seen. But now I just might have to.

Did I just inadvertently drop a spoiler on you again? I saw this one years ago but somehow I remember this bit (not the rest though). It seems a bit clumsy now..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 07:36:53 PM »
Did I just inadvertently drop a spoiler on you again? I saw this one years ago but somehow I remember this bit (not the rest though). It seems a bit clumsy now..

How dare you spoil the masterpiece of cinema that is Superman III.

No worries, we weren't even planning on watching it, since it it seemed too stupid, even for us. But that clip has intrigued me.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 02:01:30 AM »
You'd love it I'm sure. I'd have to rewatch it myself to say anything more about it..