Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 23 - To the Moon  (Read 9716 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 23 - To the Moon
« on: November 23, 2014, 08:34:06 AM »

This page took Jessica a bit longer than usual, but it's a pretty loaded page. The top panel is easily the most characters she's drawn in a single panel before.

And with this page, I believe that we've finally shown every element that's on the issue two cover.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:55:31 AM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 23 - To the Moon
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 01:59:16 AM »
This page took Jessica a bit longer than usual, but it's a pretty loaded page. The top panel is easily the most characters she's drawn in a single panel before.

And with this page, I believe that we've finally shown every element that's on the issue two cover.

You have! What the hell is Joe doing haha, he's hilarious! I definitely regret not having had pool parties now, although I tend to skip the hard drugs.

Oh man, that suit and teddybear are going to painful.
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:30:39 AM »
*squints* Is Grandma driving a Gremlin?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:46:27 AM »
I definitely regret not having had pool parties now, although I tend to skip the hard drugs.

This page is 100% accurate to every pool party I've ever attended.

Oh man, that suit and teddybear are going to painful.

Heh heh heh...

*squints* Is Grandma driving a Gremlin?

Totally. Although it might be called a Mogwai in the 198X-verse. Not sure if we're going to have parody car names yet or not.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 10:20:01 AM »
Wow so much fun stuff on this page. 

I feel Eddie should have reacted different to the whole Grandma giving it up on the 1st date for a stuffed pig teddy-bear thing, and then thinking that pig should get him lucky. 

That suit and pig are going to be a disaster.

I love the 1st panel, Joe is having a blast with that liquid courage.  The cocaine use is way over the top 80's style.

Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 12:52:32 PM »
Is the cuddly pig a reference to the ice-cream-loving pig we saw earlier?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 11:50:53 PM »
I feel Eddie should have reacted different to the whole Grandma giving it up on the 1st date for a stuffed pig teddy-bear thing, and then thinking that pig should get him lucky.

Having Eddie respond to that with something like, "Whoa, TMI, Grandma," would certainly be a more expected response, but not as funny to us as Eddie's cheerful non-reaction. And here's our justification for his response: For one thing, Eddie is used to his grandma speaking bluntly, as that's just the way she is. And for another thing, he's just about to enter the party and chase after his dreams, so his mind is more than a little preoccupied.

Is the cuddly pig a reference to the ice-cream-loving pig we saw earlier?

Hmm... not exactly. Although it does seem to imply that the McCarthy family has a thing for pigs.