Author Topic: Radicast 198X # 12 - Halloween Special  (Read 6331 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Radicast 198X # 12 - Halloween Special
« on: November 01, 2017, 02:35:07 PM »
Check it out here!

Comment below!

Happy Halloween!

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Radicast 198X # 12 - Halloween Special
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 12:45:00 AM »
The dedicated artwork there always is to your podcasts are always on point. I too saw a few 80s Halloween movies over October, broadcast on TV. First was Prince of Darkness as well. Great movie, what with all the fashion, synth soundtrack and physical effects. Then there was The Howling, which was also pretty good, although there was a weird as fuck sex scene which then became a cartoon in the end. Also played through Castlevania on the NES Classic Mini. Happy Halloween! (It's kind of, sort of, a thing in Australia these days, obviously not as much as America but you know what I mean).
I listen to 80's music for a living, how about you?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Radicast 198X # 12 - Halloween Special
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 12:12:47 AM »
The dedicated artwork to your podcasts are always on point.

Hell yeah, Jessica's been kicking ass on the thumbnails lately. Probably because she's been spending more time on them than she used to. You can definitely tell a huge difference in the time and effort she put into the first episode's image, verses the newer ones.

I too saw a few 80s Halloween movies over October, broadcast on TV. First was Prince of Darkness as well. Great movie, what with all the fashion, synth soundtrack and physical effects.

Heh, well if you've heard the latest episode, you know that we weren't quite so kind to Prince of Darkness. It had a very interesting concept, but the tone was all over the place and it just didn't live up to its potential. And it had a terrible Satan (the Satan-possessed blonde chick).

Then there was The Howling, which was also pretty good, although there was a weird as fuck sex scene which then became a cartoon in the end.

Oh yeah, I totally remember that animated werewolf. We thought The Howling was ... okay. Its saving grace is definitely the bad-ass werewolf design. Which, if I'm not mistaken, was the first use of the iconic modern werewolf look (as opposed to the simple hairy face and fangs "Wolf Man" look sported by Lon Chaney Jr. in the 40s). I know An American Werewolf in London came out the same year as The Howling (both '81), and we think it was a way better movie, but the werewolf design in that movie wasn't bipedal (though it was still totally rad).

Also played through Castlevania on the NES Classic Mini.

That's awesome--I think Jessica recently played through Castlevania during our pseudo "honeymoon" in which we just stayed home and played a bunch of classic video games. I know I played through Castlevania III during that time, using a fan-made patch that re-translated the original Japanese, since the original English version was heavily censored during localization. The third game is totally rad. The second one ... not so much. At least I've never gotten into it.

Happy Halloween! (It's kind of, sort of, a thing in Australia these days, obviously not as much as America but you know what I mean).

Happy Halloween to you too, Australian Dude!