Author Topic: If Adam Dravian Drew Satan Ninja 198X  (Read 67243 times)

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: If Adam Dravian Drew Satan Ninja 198X
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 06:10:40 PM »
warning: if you're not familiar with Sonichu, clicking on that link could lead you down a very long and insane rabbit hole).

It's true. Adam accidentally became an expert on the entire life of Christian Weston Chandler.

The true story behind that Jessica picture is this: I was putting Jessica to sleep (since her shifts have been starting at around 4am she goes to bed waaaaay before me), and she was adamant that I use her stupid touch screen phone to draw a picture of her before I left. I pretty much hate using any kind of touch screen device to navigate, let alone draw, so I drew that picture of her in mild frustrated annoyance just to placate her.

The true true story is that I'd just had an MRI and was on Xanax for the first time (to treat my severe phobia of hypodermic syringes) and was still feeling a little dumb. The CT scan that helped diagnose my pancreatitis also showed some tiny lesion on my liver. They've determined from the MRI that I have what appears to be a non-cancerous growth, and said I should get an ultrasound in three months to make sure it isn't growing.

So for the MRI, I was given headphones and had my pick of music, just like the assisted suicide service in Soylent Green. My conversation with the radiologists went like this:

Xanaxy-Me: .....How about..... Slayer?

Radiologist #1: Sure, we could do that!

Xanax: Wait.... How about... 80s Slayer? Wait, probably too specific. ....How about..... Danzig?"

Radiologist #2 pops in from somewhere: Lamb of God?

Xanax: Ugh! No way!

Radiologist #1: Don't you want something to keep you calm?

Xanax: Eh, I thought Slayer might make me feel powerful. Just do classical, I guess.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:13:12 PM by Jessica Safron »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 11:34:17 AM »
Wasn't the Xanax supposed to calm you down already? So what did you listen to in the end?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 03:31:25 PM »
Wasn't the Xanax supposed to calm you down already? So what did you listen to in the end?

Yeah I kinda want to know now too.   

That had to be the 1st time anyone has requested Slayer for an MRI.  Reign In Blood would have been an appropriate choice I think. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 03:55:44 PM »
She went for classic instead, the 4th movement of Dvorak's 9th symphony..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 08:11:51 AM »
Jessica told me she intends to respond to this, someday. But yeah, Rijst is right. She settled for classical. Which, is actually what she said in her story. Come on guys, work on that reading comprehension. ;)

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 02:40:41 PM »
Jessica told me she intends to respond to this, someday. But yeah, Rijst is right. She settled for classical. Which, is actually what she said in her story. Come on guys, work on that reading comprehension. ;)

Well I have great reader comprehension.  I was still wondering though, Classical is a broad genre and while I occasionally enjoy it a very boring one.  I really do like Rachmaninoff in minor keys though.  Not sure I would like it sitting in a giant magnet though. 

I personally would have wanted Al Stewart Year of the Cat. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 03:25:27 PM »

Well I have great reader comprehension.  I was still wondering though, Classical is a broad genre and while I occasionally enjoy it a very boring one.  I really do like Rachmaninoff in minor keys though.  Not sure I would like it sitting in a giant magnet though. 

I personally would have wanted Al Stewart Year of the Cat. 

I was actually gonna say, "To be fair, 'classical' is a whole genre." You beat me to it. Anyway, I have no idea what I listened to, specifically.

I was way more calm than I'd been any other time I'd had blood drawn or had an IV. Still had to wiggle my feet and whimper-hum when they put it in, but that's a far cry from crying, hyperventilating, sweating, my face and hands falling asleep, feeling like I'm going to throw up, etc. I have no idea why I'm such a giant baby about it.

I did try listening to Slayer's first album with ear buds when I had to get blood drawn the week after Christmas. It didn't help. That stuff normally pumps me up for anything, but I couldn't even pay attention to it.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 10:57:54 AM »
Throwing up in an MRI machine is generally a bad idea, for obvious reasons. The important thing is you survived the whole ordeal..