Author Topic: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 30 - Home at Dawn  (Read 19707 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 30 - Home at Dawn
« on: January 30, 2015, 11:55:04 PM »

I believe there are only three pages left of issue two. I originally thought it might end up being twice the size of issue one, but not quite.

I spent a lot of time this week designing floor plans for Eddie's house, so we could stay consistent and to serve as a reference tool for Jessica. Maybe I'll post the floor plans in a short blog post this coming week (I've also got a movie review I'll be posting).

Man, I love Ninja Commander's design. Such an '80s Saturday morning cartoon villain.

As soon as I suggested to Jessica that we give Ninja Commander's goat a name, the first thing to pop into her head was Baphopet. So credit goes to her for that perfect name. I think she also came up with the parody video game name Ninja Guy Ben, but I'm not certain.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 2 - Party Like It's 198X - Page 30 - Home at Dawn
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 04:28:56 AM »
Ninja Commander is definitely Saturday morning cartoon villain, distracted by a Game Boy hahaha!
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 05:44:02 PM »
Man, being greeted by a pig when coming home would be so cool. :)

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 03:38:17 AM »

Perfect set-up for a very rude "your mother" joke.. ;)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 05:12:06 AM »

For several years I considered getting a pig sometime down the line. But I changed my mind when I looked into proper pig care. They require a lot of land to rut around in to be happy, and I'm not the type that plans to have a lot of land for my piggy to fuck up. Snacky Love will have to substitute.

Rae

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »
For several years I considered getting a pig sometime down the line. But I changed my mind when I looked into proper pig care. They require a lot of land to rut around in to be happy, and I'm not the type that plans to have a lot of land for my piggy to fuck up. Snacky Love will have to substitute.

Hrm, interesting. I would have never pegged you as a pet pig person.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 10:57:10 PM »
Hrm, interesting. I would have never pegged you as a pet pig person.

I'm not sure what started it. Maybe when I became a fan of the Ranma ½ anime as a teenager, as Ryoga/P-chan was one of my favorite characters.

Oh yeah, also when I was a teenager I lived near some people that had a big pet pig. If you went over to their house and the pig didn't know you, it'd come up to you and act sort of aggressive. The only way to placate it was to give it a jellybean, so they kept a bowl of jellybeans near the entrance door. Thus, if you went over to their house for the first time, you'd see this big fucking pig coming at you and the people in the house would start shouting, "Quick, give him a jellybean!" I'm totally not making this up.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 03:58:37 AM »
Oh yeah, also when I was a teenager I lived near some people that had a big pet pig. If you went over to their house and the pig didn't know you, it'd come up to you and act sort of aggressive. The only way to placate it was to give it a jellybean, so they kept a bowl of jellybeans near the entrance door. Thus, if you went over to their house for the first time, you'd see this big fucking pig coming at you and the people in the house would start shouting, "Quick, give him a jellybean!" I'm totally not making this up.

Home-made action movies, killer pigs that need bribing with jelly beans, your neighbourhood was much more exciting than the one I grew up in!

What would happen to the poor souls that didn't get a jelly bean in in time?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 04:25:16 AM »

I don't know. It was a pretty intimidating pig, so I think everyone always gave it a jelly bean. But if I had to guess, I image it'd probably just grunt at you in annoyance until you payed its toll.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 01:06:14 PM »

I don't know. It was a pretty intimidating pig, so I think everyone always gave it a jelly bean. But if I had to guess, I image it'd probably just grunt at you in annoyance until you payed its toll.

No Hannibal-esque scenes then? Probably for the best..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »
I'll see your Hannibal scene and raise you this scene from the '81 horror film, Evilspeak (NSFW).

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 01:30:25 PM »
I'll see your Hannibal scene and raise you this scene from the '81 horror film, Evilspeak (NSFW).

Pigs munching on boobs > pigs munching on a maimed and disabled old geezer..  8)

aett

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 12:56:05 AM »
As always, the use of color is one of the best visual parts of this comic. Especially in the way that light is used to alter other colors with its glow and reflection.

I hope there's a closeup of the Game Boy screen, because if that's an original mockup of a fake game, that is a DAMN good job.

"Pathetic, shambling gait" make me laugh. I have a feeling they'd probably say the same about his footsteps even on a good day.

Babe Alert: ...Again, not a babe to be seen. Something doesn't feel right...

...That babe is really hot. Too bad she dies almost instantly, but it'll do. For now.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 01:09:03 AM »
I hope there's a closeup of the Game Boy screen, because if that's an original mockup of a fake game, that is a DAMN good job.

It is an original mock-up, but she made it to be viewed at that size. So if you were to see it zoomed in, it'd mostly be incomprehensible blobs.