Author Topic: Hiatus Continues - Demon Hammer Album Cover  (Read 11714 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hiatus Continues - Demon Hammer Album Cover
« on: March 21, 2015, 06:17:51 PM »

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Hiatus Continues - Demon Hammer Album Cover
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 06:35:02 PM »
Album cover looks great.  So happy to hear the hiatus is working well for the creation side. 

Seems as there is a lot of fucking on this album, I'm hoping someday you guys actually write music for the titles.
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 01:09:16 AM »
Seems as there is a lot of fucking on this album,

Well, that's to be expected when you've got a succubus in the band.

I'm hoping someday you guys actually write music for the titles.

Haha, oh man, that'd rule. We actually have talked about making music that ties into the comic at some point, so maybe we'll try and see if we could do a Demon Hammer song justice. I doubt we'd ever do an entire album though, as that'd be a huge undertaking.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 04:07:27 AM »
I'm hoping someday you guys actually write music for the titles.

Haha, oh man, that'd rule. We actually have talked about making music that ties into the comic at some point, so maybe we'll try and see if we could do a Demon Hammer song justice. I doubt we'd ever do an entire album though, as that'd be a huge undertaking.

I'd love to see (hear) that. For now I'm happy with a track list though.

Judging from where the comic seems to be going (I've been wrong before), I take it she's a real succubus then? Not just a well endowed woman with fake horns and wings?

I love how the guy in the back is a cross between Bruce Lee and Lemmy Kilmister (I'm referring to the moustache here).
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 05:49:34 AM »
For now I'm happy with a track list though.

Here's another one for you: "I Suck Dicks on the River Styx." That's a bonus track on the Japanese release of the album. On that song Minxy and Jackie swap places, so he plays guitar and she sings. They do the same thing on two other album tracks, "Succubus Fuckubus" and the ballad that closes out the album, "I Dream of Satan."

Judging from where the comic seems to be going (I've been wrong before), I take it she's a real succubus then? Not just a well endowed woman with fake horns and wings?

Heh. While her being a real succubus is certainly possible within the 198X universe, that's one of those things we'll leave ambiguous for now, like whether or not Mr. Skull is a figment of Sam's drug-addled imagination.

I love how the guy in the back is a cross between Bruce Lee and Lemmy Kilmister (I'm referring to the moustache here).

I'm pretty sure you're right in that Lemmy was the inspiration for the mustache. The chuck-wielding was inspired by a different metal bassist, but I'm not sure if Jessica wants me to divulge who.

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 11:10:39 PM »
The chuck-wielding was inspired by a different metal bassist, but I'm not sure if Jessica wants me to divulge who.

Well, inspired by a chuck-wielding metal guitarist, actually. I'll say that much.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 03:06:56 AM »
The chuck-wielding was inspired by a different metal bassist, but I'm not sure if Jessica wants me to divulge who.

Well, inspired by a chuck-wielding metal guitarist, actually. I'll say that much.

I had to google that, I didn't know there was such a thing! Amazing what some people get up to, and his appearance is even more random..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 09:42:53 AM »
I had to google that, I didn't know there was such a thing! Amazing what some people get up to, and his appearance is even more random..

Hahah, I'm glad this has prompted you to discover Buckethead, but that's actually not who inspired Jessica. After all, Buckethead didn't release his debut album until '92, so he's off limits as inspiration for our comic.

But still, Buckethead is awesome. I don't even care for most of his music, but I'm so fuckin' glad that dude exists.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 03:27:56 PM »
I had totally forgot about Buckethead.  I'm not a big fan of the music but he's very talented.  He did play with Guns N Roses for a few years and that was really cool I guess. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 01:53:59 PM »

Hahah, I'm glad this has prompted you to discover Buckethead, but that's actually not who inspired Jessica. After all, Buckethead didn't release his debut album until '92, so he's off limits as inspiration for our comic.

But still, Buckethead is awesome. I don't even care for most of his music, but I'm so fuckin' glad that dude exists.

Are you saying there's yet another chuck-wielding guitarist? I clearly don't get out enough if I miss all of these things..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 10:45:57 PM »
Are you saying there's yet another chuck-wielding guitarist? I clearly don't get out enough if I miss all of these things..

I don't know if the dude who inspired Jessica is a true 'chucker like Buckethead, but he's has been known to pose with them during photoshoots.