Author Topic: GRASP Comic Expo 2015  (Read 9279 times)

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
GRASP Comic Expo 2015
« on: July 01, 2015, 03:22:58 AM »

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: GRASP Comic Expo 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 05:20:08 PM »
1st off I am digging the 80's costume and I hope you do all of your future con's in some kind of 80's over the top fashion. 

2nd It is very cool that this con worked out for you,  I do remember some Facebook posts you had about you're disappointment with the rules.  I do hope that in the future those rules change.  Grand Rapids is trying to trend in the way of progress and acceptance of all forms of art and these con rules seem to go in the opposite direction.

Good luck in Chicago!
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 05:22:11 PM »
Oh yeah totally forgot to say how rad it is to read a blog from Jess. 
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

ilovegarages

• Ninja Initiate
  • I love puppies, root beer and the 80s.
    • View Profile
    • I Can't Draw Hands
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 05:55:39 PM »
Freaking awesome! 8) 8) 8)

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 02:57:53 AM »
That is a very 80s workout costume. Did you dye your hair in the colour of the top or did you pick the top to match your hair? Can't imagine why this was ever fashionable though, is it comfortable at least?

Good to hear you could join the expo after all. Those rules are pretty pathetic, it should be up to the parents to decide if they want their kids to see such stuff and to join and supervise them if not on these things. Perhaps they just introduced the rule so they have something to fall back on if they want someone to leave, but there's hope yet!
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 11:38:36 PM »
Yo! I finally have a second to reply to you guys.

1st off I am digging the 80's costume and I hope you do all of your future con's in some kind of 80's over the top fashion. 

2nd It is very cool that this con worked out for you,  I do remember some Facebook posts you had about you're disappointment with the rules.

I hope to continue with the 80s costume thing. I'll probably stick with this one for a while because shopping, especially for clothes, stresses me way out. Even if it's just online! I'll never understand people who love shopping.

I ended up wearing the same outfit at Anime Midwest. Con attendees tried guessing all sorts of characters they thought I might be. A couple people asked if I was 80s workout Barbie (one of the times was by a vintage toy vendor who actually had one for sale), and a couple others wondered if I was from Jem and the Holograms. Maybe I should step it up and be the "Misfits" keytarist, Stormer, next time.

That is a very 80s workout costume. Did you dye your hair in the colour of the top or did you pick the top to match your hair? Can't imagine why this was ever fashionable though, is it comfortable at least?

Good to hear you could join the expo after all. Those rules are pretty pathetic, it should be up to the parents to decide if they want their kids to see such stuff and to join and supervise them if not on these things. Perhaps they just introduced the rule so they have something to fall back on if they want someone to leave, but there's hope yet!

My hair was already blue. I was also wearing blue legwarmers. We'll have to post some pictures of the whole outfit sometime.

Wearing the leotard felt okay when I was standing up, but sitting in it for too long was horrible! It's a full-on thong in the back, and after sitting for a while, I felt like the thing was cutting me in half the long way.

As far as the GRASP/GRCC rules go, I really feel like I should write my thoughts on the matter to the convention staff. GR Comic Con was asking people on Facebook why they didn't attend GRASP. I never got around to posting a reply. I hate shopping and I hate complaining to strangers. Guess I'd better gird up my loins and face these arduous tasks head on. :P
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:09:04 AM by Jessica Safron »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 01:58:12 AM »
As far as the GRASP/GRCC rules go, I really feel like I should write my thoughts on the matter to the convention staff. GR Comic Con was asking people on Facebook why they didn't attend GRASP. I never got around to posting a reply. I hate shopping and I hate complaining to strangers. Guess I'd better gird up my loins and face these arduous tasks head on. :P

Do it, they may not realise how restrictive their rules appear to a beginning artist hoping to advertise their work in places like this. Stay polite though, write your reply and re-read it the next morning and all that sort of stuff..  8)
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?