Author Topic: Satan Ninja 198X Live-Action Promo  (Read 9475 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Satan Ninja 198X Live-Action Promo
« on: October 30, 2015, 05:10:15 PM »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Satan Ninja 198X Live-Action Promo
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 06:01:20 AM »
This is awesome, you guys put so much work into this!
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 06:13:18 AM »
I was so stoked to watch this.  Loved it all.  Shared with facebook, youtube/G+.  I hope this takes off. 

So is the plan to release these as individual "commercials" for advertising purposes to say youtube/adsense?

Can't wait for page 1
Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 04:05:13 PM »

Too much, actually. Focusing on getting this promo done has caused me to neglect the horror novel I had meant to release this October. It's pretty much ready to go, but now I feel a little silly releasing a book called Grim October in November. But my only other option is to sit on it for a whole year. Shit.

I was so stoked to watch this.  Loved it all.  Shared with facebook, youtube/G+.  I hope this takes off. 

So is the plan to release these as individual "commercials" for advertising purposes to say youtube/adsense?

Glad you liked it, dude. Thanks for sharing it. We've chopped it up and re-uploaded it as individual commercials, which I think will be less intimidating to casual viewers than a near-10 minute video. I also think we made a mistake with the order we placed the commercials in with the full compilation I posted to the site. We placed the most surreal and least accessible commercial first, when it should've been last.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 10:41:04 AM »

Too much, actually. Focusing on getting this promo done has caused me to neglect the horror novel I had meant to release this October. It's pretty much ready to go, but now I feel a little silly releasing a book called Grim October in November. But my only other option is to sit on it for a whole year. Shit.

That is a shitty dilemma, could you release it for Christmas perhaps?

We've chopped it up and re-uploaded it as individual commercials, which I think will be less intimidating to casual viewers than a near-10 minute video. I also think we made a mistake with the order we placed the commercials in with the full compilation I posted to the site. We placed the most surreal and least accessible commercial first, when it should've been last.

Yeah I prefer the new order better to be honest. I think my favourite one is where the girl walks down the alleyway and gets a lecture about "what he's got" haha!

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 10:55:49 AM »
That is a shitty dilemma, could you release it for Christmas perhaps?

I plan to release it this month. Jessica's going to help me think of a new title so it doesn't seem to intrinsically tied to October. I was never totally married to the title anyway.

Yeah I prefer the new order better to be honest. I think my favourite one is where the girl walks down the alleyway and gets a lecture about "what he's got" haha!

Yeah, the new order is definitely an improvement. The "Father and Son" segment is not only Jessica's and my favorite, but it's also instantly apparent that it's supposed to be a comedic parody-type thing. I thought about opening with the "Veronica and Punks" segment, but that could be taken seriously at first and give people the wrong impression.

Speaking of the "Veronica and Punks" segment, that was the first one I wrote, about a year ago. Originally, this promo was going to be more of a short movie where the punks would actually harass her and then the "Satan Ninja" would come to her rescue and slice them up, chopping off a head and at least one arm. But then Kung Fury came out and we realized that our short little live-action Satan Ninja movie would seem really lackluster following in the wake of that. So that's when I decided to re-write it to turn the promo into a series of cheesy '80s-inspired commercials for the comic.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 05:17:57 PM »
Speaking of the "Veronica and Punks" segment, that was the first one I wrote, about a year ago. Originally, this promo was going to be more of a short movie where the punks would actually harass her and then the "Satan Ninja" would come to her rescue and slice them up, chopping off a head and at least one arm. But then Kung Fury came out and we realized that our short little live-action Satan Ninja movie would seem really lackluster following in the wake of that. So that's when I decided to re-write it to turn the promo into a series of cheesy '80s-inspired commercials for the comic.

Spot
on..