Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 30 - Nerd-a-nator Strikes Back  (Read 9346 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 30 - Nerd-a-nator Strikes Back
« on: August 11, 2016, 09:53:32 PM »

Here’s a bit of SN8X lore that I’m not sure when or if it’ll ever get fully revealed in the comic.

Jeffrey “Razor” Moore is 20, while Jennifer Moore is 19. Lucas Moore and his wife Nancy couldn’t have children of their own, so they adopted the siblings when they were 4 and 3 years old. Since Lucas and Nancy were already in their late sixties at the time, they had the kids call them Grandma and Grandpa instead of Mom and Dad.

Nancy passed away 10 years before the start of the comic, and shortly after that is when Lucas Moore opened up the first Pizza Wizard (he had already made a fortune, first through an ancient treasure hoard discovery in 193X, and then again by opening up River City’s first multi-screen movie theater in 196X). Pizza Wizard was a big hit and has already branched out into a national franchise.

Razor moved out of Moore Manor so he could pretend to slum it up like a “real” punk, though he still collects a sizable weekly allowance from Lucas. Jennifer still lives at the Moore Manor while she attends college.

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 30 - Nerd-a-nator Strikes Back
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 10:49:11 PM »
I just want to say Happy Birthday to the immensely talented blue-haired artist, Jessica Safron! I hope that you had a totally radical day!  Keep up the awesome work!

Oh, and one more thing: Here's to Jessica Safron and the amazing work she's done; here's to Satan Ninja, the webcomic that is number one!  Cheers!
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 12:10:18 AM »
Happy Birthday Jessica! So, did you's go to Pizza Wizard to celebrate? Did she almost beat an ultra hard arcade game and then get interrupted by a bunch of punks, meaning that now she has to go on a journey to become a Satan Ninja to get sweet revenge?
I listen to 80's music for a living, how about you?

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 07:35:26 AM »
A belated happy birthday to you Jessica! Don't ever change!!!  :) :D ;)

Jessica Safron

• The Artist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 09:04:18 AM »
Thank you so much, everybody!! I love you guys! I ended up getting a couple of badass hand-drawn cards from my parents that we're going to be posting on the site soon. Stay tuned. ;D

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 05:18:54 AM »
I love how Eddie reveals his identity to Razor just like that, he clearly still needs to get the hang of this ninja-ing badass stuff. I'm sure his "I want you to stop bullying people" will make him review his life and turn him into an upstanding and charitable citizen..  8)

Great page, the body language of the characters is very well done with everybody being very contrite in the final panel..
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 12:09:01 AM »
I can totally see Eddie doing something like an 80's style anti-drug PSAs: "Being a Satan Ninja is totally rad.  But do you know what's not totally rad?  Drugs.   Drugs are totally bad for you and they can totally mess up your life and they can totally kill you.  Now I know that everybody wants to be totally rad, but doing it with drugs isn't just wrong, it could be dead wrong.  So don't blow it.  Don't do drugs.  If you're doing it, stop it.  Get some help.  Satan Ninja 198X wants you to give yourself a chance.  A chance to find out all the wonderful things you really can be, and so do I."

Full disclosure: I lifted some of that from Pee-wee Herman's crack cocaine PSA as well as Michael Jordan's anti-drug PSA.
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 05:35:01 AM »
I can totally see Eddie doing something like an 80's style anti-drug PSAs: "Being a Satan Ninja is totally rad.  But do you know what's not totally rad?  Drugs.   Drugs are totally bad for you and they can totally mess up your life and they can totally kill you.  Now I know that everybody wants to be totally rad, but doing it with drugs isn't just wrong, it could be dead wrong.  So don't blow it.  Don't do drugs.  If you're doing it, stop it.  Get some help.  Satan Ninja 198X wants you to give yourself a chance.  A chance to find out all the wonderful things you really can be, and so do I."

Full disclosure: I lifted some of that from Pee-wee Herman's crack cocaine PSA as well as Michael Jordan's anti-drug PSA.

Heh, I considered doing an anti-drug parody when we were shooting those live-action promos. Maybe next time.

Pee-wee seems like an odd choice to do an anti-crack PSA. I doubt he had a significant number of crack-heads among his little kid fanbase, and how many genuine crackheads would give up their vice of choice simply because fucking Pee-wee Herman asked them to.

As for the Michael Jordon PSA, I don't know if I've ever seen him with hair before.