Author Topic: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 32 - Toxic Strip  (Read 15535 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 32 - Toxic Strip
« on: September 07, 2016, 07:35:06 PM »

Return of the Living Dead fans will probably find this scene a bit familiar. I was thinking of showing some lyrics from the song that’s blasting from Sleaze’s stereo, both to draw more attention to the fact that music’s playing and to parody the song from the similar scene from Return of the Living Dead, but Jessica didn't want to clutter the page up more with unnecessary words.

As for where the punks are, well I figure it’s some semi-remote hangout area they use for doing drugs and partying. Too bad it happens to be so close to a sewer entrance...

Brianator

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 3 - Ninja Power! - Page 32 - Toxic Strip
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 10:38:05 PM »
Wow, that Toxic is a real Nasty Girl!  Also, what's the name of that song from Return of the Living Dead?  I've never seen the film so I'm pretty curious.  Furthermore, I think that Viper and Eddie are bad enough dudes to rescue Toxic and Jennifer from those ninjas.
"My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought  careening through a cosmic vapour of invention."-Hedley Lamarr (Blazing Saddles)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 01:45:28 AM »
Wow, that Toxic is a real Nasty Girl!.

Oh man, Vanity 6 is awful. Love the outfits though. For anyone who doesn't know, Vanity, the singer of Vanity 6, was Prince's girlfriend in the early 80s. She was supposed to play a character heavily inspired by herself in his film Purple Rain, but they broke up before filming began and Prince replaced her with another actress. Must've been awkward for Vanity to watch that. Anyway, much more importantly, Vanity was the female lead in the awesome mid-80s martial-arts action movie The Last Dragon. As far as '80s movies go, the tone of The Last Dragon might be the closest match to SN8X. We highly recommend it.

Also, what's the name of that song from Return of the Living Dead?  I've never seen the film so I'm pretty curious.

If you dig '80s horror comedies at all (like Evil Dead 2), then I highly recommend Return of the Living Dead. It might be Jessica's favorite '80s movie. I actually bought her a new blu-ray edition of the movie for her birthday. The song I'm talking about is easily my favorite song by Stacey Q (though the band was called SSQ at the time): "Tonight (We'll Make Love Until We Die)."

Matty2310

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 04:33:21 AM »
God dammn it I got beaten to the punch in referencing. But what can you do, I was on a university public computer when I first saw the update on Facebook. Yeah that's definitely Stacey Q's best song (did you know that over the course of the 80s, she went from Q, to SSQ, to Stacey Q? True story). Oh and Vanity 6 are awesome.
I listen to 80's music for a living, how about you?

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 08:45:40 AM »
I wonder if Razor would blame Eddie for this???

Frontal nudity! How would it look with black strips or pixeled?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 05:39:44 PM »
God dammn it I got beaten to the punch in referencing. But what can you do, I was on a university public computer when I first saw the update on Facebook.

Well, I gave away the Return of the Living Dead reference right in my original post, so nobody really got a chance to guess at it. I should avoid doing that in the future.

Yeah that's definitely Stacey Q's best song (did you know that over the course of the 80s, she went from Q, to SSQ, to Stacey Q? True story).

She was the Pokémon of the '80s.
I remember being disappointed that none of her other songs sound very much like "Tonight."

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 05:41:03 PM »
I wonder if Razor would blame Eddie for this???

I imagine he'd assume all the ninjas are in on it together.

Frontal nudity! How would it look with black strips or pixeled?

It would look censored.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 01:47:32 PM »
I totally didn't open the front page when I was at work and I totally didn't them close it immediately upon seeing the thumbnail (because I didn't have it open see?). Yes definitively among the most explicit pages so far, although Eddie's day dream is also a serious contender.

The striptease act took me completely by surprise and then so did the kidnapping action. We can only guess at the motives of course, maybe they think it'll help them find that glove, maybe they need virgins to sacrifice (hah) or maybe ninja commander needs help finishing his ninja guy Ben game..?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 07:32:30 PM »
I totally didn't open the front page when I was at work and I totally didn't them close it immediately upon seeing the thumbnail (because I didn't have it open see?). Yes definitively among the most explicit pages so far, although Eddie's day dream is also a serious contender.

Well if you had done that, then it'd be a good thing that we keep our thumbnails safe for work.

But we're definitely going to push the envelope of explicitness before this issue ends...

The striptease act took me completely by surprise and then so did the kidnapping action. We can only guess at the motives of course, maybe they think it'll help them find that glove, maybe they need virgins to sacrifice (hah) or maybe ninja commander needs help finishing his ninja guy Ben game..?

I love how the ninjas just pop out and wordlessly snatch the babes, then pop back into the sewer. Such an efficient kidnapping, although they left a bunch of witnesses.

I guess that'll teach the punks to party right near a big ol' sewer entrance...

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 05:30:44 AM »

A valuable lesson that we've all had to learn. No more shitty parties for the punks..

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »

A valuable lesson that we've all had to learn. No more shitty parties for the punks..

They must be crust punks.

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 11:30:57 PM »
I wonder what those  ninjas want with Jennifer and Toxic..?

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 12:14:48 PM »

A strip-off?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 08:15:20 AM »

A strip-off?

Yes, perhaps the ninjas saw Toxic start to do her clothes-hating routine and decided these babes doing a strip-off would be a perfect way to keep Ninja Commander distracted from their failure to find the glove.

Though I think Toxic would have quite the advantage in a strip-off, since Jennifer doesn't strike me as the striping type.

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 10:32:19 PM »
A few pages back,when Sam "exposed" himself to Jennifer I thought she was gonna pass out. ;)