Author Topic: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 6 - Satan Ninja Hero  (Read 7991 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 6 - Satan Ninja Hero
« on: December 07, 2017, 11:57:34 PM »

Satan Ninja's 100th page! (If you don't count the cover images.)

Jessica told me she particularly enjoyed the dialogue on this page. Speaking of dialogue,
Francis finally gets promoted from being a background character to having a speaking role. Also my original script for this page didn’t have Joe saying anything (he just looked on in shock), but Jessica pointed out to me that since none of these people have seen Eddie in his Satan Ninja form before, someone should probably at least question if that’s really Eddie.

So it seems that not only is English the universal language (as we learned in Issue 2), but Earth-time is also utilized around the galaxy. How convenient!

That reminds me of an ‘80s sci-fi movie we watched called The Hidden. There’s a scene where two alien beings who’ve come to Earth are talking to each other (in English, of course), and one of them mentions an event that occured “on Altair” (I’m guessing he meant on a planet in the Altair system, since I doubt the event took place on a star). Which makes me think: Wow, how amazing that Earth’s ancient astronomers correctly guessed the name of Altair!

Sorry about the wait for this page. Our intent was to put out a page a week once we came off our hiatus in October, but Jessica’s been having trouble meeting that rate. So we’re back to posting pages as they’re done, though we’ll continue to strive for weekly page releases.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:15:31 PM by Adam Dravian »

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
Re: Issue 4 - Rad As Hell - Page 6 - Satan Ninja Hero
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:47:43 AM »
I love this page. Veronica is being a slut and the look on the teacher's face in panel 3 is priceless.

Very convenient indeed that earth time dictates the summoning of monsters across the galaxy. Are characters going to refer to time in earth-days, earth-seconds, etc from now on?
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 11:35:42 AM »
I love this page. Veronica is being a slut and the look on the teacher's face in panel 3 is priceless.

Thanks, Science Dude!

Very convenient indeed that earth time dictates the summoning of monsters across the galaxy.

It occurs to me that we now have a perfect setup for SN8X to serve as a Power Rangers-esque show. Mordlich is basically Rita Repulsa, and he can send forth a new demon for our hero to battle each episode. We just need to get a cast of color-coded team-mates for Eddie. And some powerful combining mechs, of course. But that's way too '90s (at least in the US; in Japan, the Super Sentai series that Power Rangers is, uh, "based on", started in the mid-70s and has been going strong ever since).

Are characters going to refer to time in earth-days, earth-seconds, etc from now on?

The space characters might, or, now that it's established, we might drop it simply to save that valuable text space. Speaking of which, I was worried Jessica might not be able to fit all of this page's text on there without me making some cuts (or bumping some panels into the next page), but she totally managed to pull it off.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:42:48 PM by Adam Dravian »

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 08:43:52 PM »
Looks like Eddie's popularity shot up past the roof!! ;D

It seems that no one asked how Eddie changed...overnight! :D

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 09:43:01 PM »
I just realized that this is the 100th page of the Satan Ninja comic (not counting the covers), so I've edited the original post to mention that milestone.

Looks like Eddie's popularity shot up past the roof!! ;D

Of course. I mean, who woudln't love a good-guy satan ninja?

It seems that no one asked how Eddie changed...overnight! :D

Yeah, it seems that in the SN8X-verse, strange things often happen (especially in River City), and people tend to roll with it. Strange indeed... But hey, that's mega convenient for us, otherwise we'd spend half the comic dealing with everyone flipping out and questioning everything as they try to make sense of all the madness. There's so many questions that could be asked... Like, just how does Eddie bathe if he can't take off his ninja outfit?  (The answer, of course, is ninja magic keeps him clean--after all, you can't be as stealthy if you smell bad.) Why are there apparently only seven students in Eddie's gym class? (Hey, maybe there's more and they've just been off-panel.) Why are so many of the girls so boobacious? (Maybe it's something in River City's water supply--something awesome.)

Red

• Neon Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 04:52:18 PM »
Looks like Veronica will soon be giving the OTHER girls at school a nasty look and saying:"BACK OFF! He's mine! Get your own guy!!!"

Heather should reply: "Hey,I live next door to him!!"

BTW-What is aetherspace???

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 09:33:16 AM »
BTW-What is aetherspace???

Good question. This website actually has an easily overlooked sub-section of the "About" page containing a "Glossery" that defines some of the comic's unique terms.

Basically, if you're familiar with Star Wars, then you probably know about hyperspace. Aetherspace is pretty much the SN8X-verse's version of hyperspace.