Author Topic: Midoricon 2014  (Read 11995 times)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Midoricon 2014
« on: September 11, 2014, 08:42:56 PM »

Michigander1911

• Rad Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Midoricon 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 09:50:17 PM »
Well it sounds like it was a great learning experience.  I'm guessing that with a little more prep and what you learned the next con will go much smoother. 

From my experience I can say treat yourself to a nice hotel.  It's just so much nicer. 

I really liked the double blog.  I hope to see more of those in the future. 

Sonny Crockett: Man, it's so hot you could fry an egg on my face.  Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Hope I never get that hungry.

666threesixes666

• Ninja Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 12:14:43 AM »
these fools do not know the power of SNACKY!!!!  (unless you took some 2nd issue books too lol)

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 05:33:00 AM »
Sounds like conventioning is pretty intense and a skill in itself, with a steep learning curve to boot! I guess it's better to learn all of these things at a small convention than at a large one though, where you could probably really make a splash if you're well prepared.
Quote from: "The Boy" (Bad-Ass Ninjas)
I read on the internet that ninjas are hungry, you want some food?

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 01:14:54 PM »
Well it sounds like it was a great learning experience.  I'm guessing that with a little more prep and what you learned the next con will go much smoother.

Oh yeah. We're pretty confident that we'll do much better next time.

From my experience I can say treat yourself to a nice hotel.  It's just so much nicer.

Yeah, lesson learned. We'll at least steer away from one-star motels in the future.

these fools do not know the power of SNACKY!!!!  (unless you took some 2nd issue books too lol)

Nope, just issue 1, since issue 2 isn't done yet. But Snacky's time will come...

Sounds like conventioning is pretty intense and a skill in itself, with a steep learning curve to boot! I guess it's better to learn all of these things at a small convention than at a large one though, where you could probably really make a splash if you're well prepared.

Very true. I just wish our first convention could've been a small local once, as that would've greatly minimized our expenses. But we're having some trouble finding local conventions that'll have us, due to the religious/conservative nature of our city.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »
Very true. I just wish our first convention could've been a small local once, as that would've greatly minimized our expenses. But we're having some trouble finding local conventions that'll have us, due to the religious/conservative nature of our city.

You put yourselves in quite a specific niche in that respect.

I can hardly imagine what it's like to live in a very religious or conservative city. I mean, the Dutch generally aren't particularly conservative and I currently live in a city where someone decided to play the imperial march to welcome MPs coming to campaign against independence.

(The Scottish will have a referendum on independence from the UK next week)

Adam Dravian

• The Writer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 08:55:02 AM »
I can hardly imagine what it's like to live in a very religious or conservative city.

I hardly notice it since I rarely go out and I'm surrounded by like-minded people.

I had no idea that was going on. Crazy.

Rijst

• Ninja Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 11:52:26 AM »

I had no idea that was going on. Crazy.

Yeah emotions are running pretty high here at the moment. I can't wait to have it all over with to be honest, people seem to like nothing more than shove their opinions down your throat. I'm also not voting, I'm trying to get a job elsewhere so I don't feel I have a stake in the outcome at all..